Executive Vice President, Private Mortgage Origination
The successful candidate will lead the growth of KV Capital’s market share and presence in the private mortgages market. This will entail cultivating relationships with both new and existing borrowers and brokers, originating and managing an individual book of business and leading the growth of our high-performing Private Mortgage origination team.
LOCATION Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta
The successful candidate will lead the growth of KV Capital’s market share and presence in the private mortgages market. This will entail:
· cultivating relationships with both new and existing borrowers and brokers;
· originating and managing an individual book of business; and
· leading the growth of our high-performing Private Mortgage origination team.
Success and compensation will be dictated by your ability, as well as that of your team, to provide expert level service to our clients, consistently source and close new transactions, leverage your network and industry expertise to bring value to clients, and build on KV Capital’s reputation as a trusted expert in the private mortgages market.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Private Mortgage and the KV Capital leadership team, you will be responsible for:
· Being the “face of the firm” and promoting the KV Private Mortgages brand in the marketplace;
· Growing the loan value and revenue generated in our primary markets of Edmonton, and Calgary, along with cultivating our expansion into new markets;
· Supporting and leading the existing origination team in growing their book of business;
· Recruiting additional origination Directors and/or Senior Directors in targeted markets;
· Individually generating annual loan value and revenue commensurate with your executive experience level and professional network;
· Producing a consistent flow of new loan business to increase the deal flow multi-year pipeline; and
· Strategically position KV Capital as the preferred capital provider to new clients, and integrating proprietary capital solutions.
YOUR CAPABILITIES ANDCREDENTIALS
To be successful in this role you must have:
· A minimum of 20 years of progressive experience in originating and managing a book of real estate finance business, with a focus on construction and development finance.
· Extensive experience with loan syndications, funding AB loan structures, and structured finance.
· A post-secondary degree.
· A drive to exceed client and stakeholder expectations.
· A finely tuned risk tolerance aligned with our Private Mortgage lending guidelines.
· The ability to fund over $350MM of Private Mortgages volume annually. Sources of this volume shall include:
i. KV Capital’s team of experienced Private Mortgages originators sourcing loans primarily from third party brokers,
ii. KV Capital’s Commercial Real Estate Finance (“CREF”) team originators,
iii. KV Capital’s existing client base, and
iv. Strategic lending partners.
· A mortgage brokerage license and/or financial designation (such as a CFA, CBV, or CPA) is strongly preferred, but not required.
· A robust network and reputation aligned with KV’s core values and professional culture.
· Outstanding people skills and a high emotional quotient.
· Exceptional analytical skills, financial acumen, and management capabilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands with tight timelines.
ABOUT KV CAPITAL
In 2006, we started the journey to simplify the complex world of finance. KV Capital Inc. was founded on the premise that simpler means better. Since then, both our team and our service offerings have grown, and we continue to remain focused on making transactions easy for our clients. Today, we deliver both expert solutions and peace-of-mind for all our clients and stakeholders through our business areas which include private mortgage lending, commercial mortgage brokering, private equity for real estate projects, private equity for businesses, and asset management. We have grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations.
KV Capital’s Private Mortgages business unit currently manages approximately $300 million in assets, comprised of private loans secured by commercial real estate across Canada. Since its inception in 2009,the Private Mortgages business unit has underwritten, funded and serviced over 400 commercial real estate loans to entrepreneurs, developers, and institutions. The cumulative value of these loans exceeds $1.2 billion in funds advanced. Our dedicated team, with several decades of combined experience, specializes in financing various real estate classes primarily focusing on providing financing for land and land servicing, construction, and acquisition and stabilization financing for multi-family, retail, industrial, office, hospitality, and mixed-use properties.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
We offer a compelling value proposition, including access to proprietary debt and equity capital, proprietary tools, substantial existing business actively generated in the market, and a best-in-class underwriting team and back office. Our objective is to foster significant growth in the market. The compensation package for this role scales with the achieved growth and profitability. We welcome the opportunity to engage in detailed discussion about this value proposition with you.
Learn more about us at www.kvcapital.ca.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate “Executive VP, Private Mortgage Origination” in the subject line.
Senior Analyst, CMHC Underwriting, Commercial Real Estate Finance
The successful candidate will lead the development of the Commercial Real Estate Finance team’s expertise in Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) underwriting and provide support to the business development team with the origination of CMHC opportunities.
Information Technology Specialist
The successful candidate should be a Microsoft 365 power user and administrator, cloud services champion, fluent in SaaS offerings, supporter of a citizen developer framework, strong communicator, problem solver, and an all-around team player; all in alignment with KV Capital's growth-oriented agenda.