Senior Director, Commercial Real Estate Finance
This role requires a dedicated and driven individual who will be at home in a dynamic, fast-paced, growing business.
ABOUT KV CAPITAL
In 2006, we started the journey to simplify the complex world of finance. KV Capital Inc. was founded on the premise that simpler means better. Since then, both our team and our service offerings have grown and we continue to remain focused on making transactions easy for our clients, without cutting corners. Today ,we deliver both expert solutions and peace-of-mind for all our clients and stakeholders through our business areas which include private mortgage lending ,commercial mortgage brokering, private equity and asset management. We’ve grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE FINANCE
Launched in 2019, our commercial real estate finance division has funded +$5B commercial deals collectively and our team has +100 years of combined experience. Together, we source financing solutions for land, subdivision financing, multi-family, retail, industrial, office, hospitality, mixed-use properties and specialty financing, such as equity and structured financing deals.
As the Senior Director, Commercial Real Estate Finance you will play a key role in driving the growth of the Commercial Real Estate Finance business unit. You will work as part of a team to originate and structure new commercial mortgage opportunities through developing, maintaining, and managing relationships with a network of existing and new borrowers and pairing those requirements with lenders & investors in the Canadian real estate market. Meeting with potential prospects, while maintaining existing client relationships is a critical component of this role. Success will be dictated by your ability to consistently source and close new deals, leverage your network and industry recognized expertise to bring value to your clients and build the reputation of KV Capital as a trusted advisor in the market. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, a multi-disciplinary and supportive team, and the ability to work primarily from your home office.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for:
- Generating and maintaining strong relationships with existing and new client base.
- Conceiving, organizing and implementing deal sourcing strategies.
- Working with clients to structure capital/debt requirements and acquire financing from the Canadian lending market.
- In conjunction with the underwriting team, preparing, negotiating and finalizing mandates, term sheets, underwriting models and CIMs.
- Overseeing the progress of a loan through all stages from inception to funding in order to ensure credit quality and timelines are met and a deal is retained through ongoing communication with all parties involved.
- Servicing client accounts as the “face of KV Capital”.
- Strategically targeting and introducing KV Capital as an advisor of first choice to new clients and communicating KV Capital’s value proposition.
- Producing a consistent deal flow of new loan business to meet strategic and growth targets of KV Capital’s commercial real estate finance business unit.
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 5+ years experience in either commercial lending (with a focus on commercial real estate lending), real estate finance, or commercial real estate development
- Ability to originate transactions with a demonstrated track record in marketing and deal negotiations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of real estate finance, real estate development, and related industry trends
- Existing network of industry contacts, including lenders and borrowers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to produce professional-quality communication material suited to its purpose and audience and the ability to develop and present formal/informal recommendations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands with tight timelines.
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with CHMC policy is an asset.
-Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal partners, navigate a complex organization and strategically connect internal and external stakeholders
- Completion of Professional Designation (e.g. CAIA, CFA, CPA) is considered an asset
Employee, full-time, permanent
Your territory for originating commercial mortgages will be Vancouver and Lower Mainland, British Columbia.
Senior Director, Commercial Real Estate Finance
You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly effective team with no end of challenging and transformational work in sight. The company is growing, and the mindset is expansionary.
We offer competitive total compensation, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to: Careers@kvcapital.ca
Please indicate “Senior Director CREF” in the subject line.
Kanvi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of it’s activities or operations.