Vice President, Finance, Mountain Sports Distribution
Reporting to the President of MSD, the Vice President of Finance will be a key member of the management team and responsible for overseeing all aspects of the finance and accounting functions in addition to supporting operational and strategic initiatives.
KV Private Equity Fund II LP and MSD are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced finance leader to join the MSD team and help the business continue to grow and succeed in the industry.
Reporting to the President of MSD, the VP Finance will be a key member of the management team and responsible for overseeing all aspects of the finance and accounting functions in addition to supporting operational and strategic initiatives. The VP Finance will be required to regularly communicate with the private equity ownership group, management of MSD, customers, vendors, and operational team members to generate accurate, up to date information on costs, inventory, internal controls, cash flow forecasts, budgets and meaningful business analysis that supports comprehensive decision making and performance monitoring initiatives.
If you are a motivated finance professional who is ready to take your career to the next level, KV Capital and MSD invite you to join the team.
- Professionalize and manage full cycle accounting processes and internal controls within the operating business of MSD that are consistent with a middle market business;
- Prepare the month-end reporting package for MSD management and the private equity sponsor which includes a financial performance update, cash flow forecast, and updates on operational and strategic initiatives;
- Prepare the month-end Board of Directors package for the MSD Board of Directors and the private equity sponsor which includes a financial performance update, variance analysis, reforecast, industry update, investment thesis review, business revaluation support, and updates on operational and strategic initiatives;
- Attend quarterly Board of Directors meetings with the MSD Board of Directors and the private equity sponsor;
- Management of the FP&A and treasury processes to ensure efficient working capital management, covenant compliance, balance sheet health, current understanding of expected future performance, etc.;
- Management of banking relationships and loan covenants/compliance, insurance relationships, and other professional relationships;
- Support annual year end review engagement and tax compliance;
- Institute management accounting for the distribution environment where required;
- Serve as a business partner to operational and strategic decision makers by providing financial support and tools. Synthesize data from all departments to build business cases for strategic initiatives;
- Support MSD in the areas of contracts, negotiations, personnel issues, legal compliance, legal matters, and other issues, as required.
PRIVATE EQUITY PLATFORM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the MSD Board of Directors and private equity sponsor in reporting on overall platform performance, strategic objectives, consolidated financial statements, etc.;
- Assist the MSD Board of Directors and private equity sponsor with investment analysis and strategy formulation for potential add-on acquisitions to the MSD platform; and
- Assist with the post-close integration of add-on acquisitions to the MSD platform.
ABOUT KV CAPITAL - PRIVATE EQUITY DIVISON
Launched in 2017, KV Capital’s private equity division is now near the tail-end of its first fund, KV Private Equity Fund I LP, after completing a divestiture of most of the investments in Fund I in 2022. In early 2023, the division launched KV Private Equity Fund II LP and acquired its first portfolio company in Fund II in February 2023 (Mountain Sports Distribution). Over the next 2 to 3 years, the private equity division will focus on deploying Fund II capital into investments in high-growth middle-market operating businesses in Canada and the US. We pride ourselves in being hands-on managers of our portfolio companies alongside strong management teams to provide sufficient returns for our investors.
MOUNTAIN SPORTS DISTRIBUTION
MSD is the first portfolio company acquired by KV Private Equity Fund II LP, which is a thriving outdoor powersports distribution company based in Golden, British Columbia. The company has a strong reputation for providing exceptional customer service and top-quality powersports accessories and apparel from some of the most respected brands in the industry. At Mountain Sports Distribution, the team is a group of passionate, creative individuals who focus on growing the business while maintaining a healthy work life balance. MSD offers a supportive and collaborative work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package.
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Designated CA, CPA, CFA, CBV, or MBA;
- Interest in aggressively growing the businesses in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgement and decision making on financial, business, and organizational issues;
- Proactive, self-motivated, decisive, driven and committed to organizational success;
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to consider the ‘big picture’ in the decision-making process;
- Persuasive and understands how to engage and successfully lead/support others through change;
- Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify risk;
- Makes sound commercial judgments and actions to ensure financial success;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Employee, full-time, permanent
Vice President, Mountain Sports Distribution
This role reports to the President of MSD and the COO of KV Private Equity Fund IILP.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Please indicate “VP Finance, MSD” in the subject line.
See our open positions below.
Managing Director, Calgary, Commercial Real Estate Finance
The successful candidate will lead the growth of KV’s market share and presence in the Calgary real estate market.