Senior Analyst, CMHC Underwriting, Commercial Real Estate Finance
The successful candidate will lead the development of the Commercial Real Estate Finance team’s expertise in Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) underwriting and provide support to the business development team with the origination of CMHC opportunities.
As the successful candidate, you will take the lead in developing CREF’s expertise in Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) underwriting and provide support to the business development team with the origination of CMHC opportunities. This role includes the evaluation of loan structures for commercial mortgages where the borrower intends to apply to CMHC, developing and submitting the underwritten loan insurance submissions to CMHC, managing all questions and additional information requests to obtain a CMHC Certificate of Insurance (COI), and supporting the transaction to funding with a CMHC approved lender once the COI has been obtained. The ideal candidate should possess self-motivation, collaboration skills, a strong work ethic, and a desire to contribute to KV Capital’s continued growth.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of CREF’s Underwriting Team, reporting to the Director of Underwriting, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting timely reviews and feasibility assessments of mortgage loan requests for multi-family real estate assets that meet CMHC program criteria, including the MLI Select program;
- Leading the preparation of formal loan application packages and submitting them to CMHC;
- Communicating with CMHC personnel to ensure any questions or additional information requirements are provided to obtain a COI;
- Identifying, assessing, quantifying, and evaluating moderate to complex risks for CMHC qualifying opportunities through: i) Valuation of real estate security; ii) Research on current market conditions and comparable transactions; iii) Preparing and maintaining working papers to support underwriting recommendations; and iv)Developing and completing efficient and comprehensive due diligence procedures on a deal-by-deal basis;
- Identifying potential CMHC target clients using available industry resources;
- Supporting the Origination Team with growing CREF’s portfolio of CMHC clients as well as the ability to grow an individual book of CMHC qualifying business; and
- Establishing and nurturing positive business relationships with in-house business development staff, borrowers, and the lending community.
ABOUT KV CAPITAL INC
In 2006, we started the journey to simplify the complex world of finance. KV Capital Inc. was founded on the premise that simpler means better. Since then, both our team and our service offerings have grown, and we continue to remain focused on making transactions easy for our clients. Today, we deliver both expert solutions and peace-of-mind for all our clients and stakeholders through our business areas which include private mortgage lending, commercial mortgage brokering, private equity, residential mortgages, and asset management. We’ve grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE FINANCE
Launched in 2019, our commercial real estate finance division has collectively funded +$5B in commercial deals and our team has +100 years of combined experience. Together, we specialize in source financing solutions for various property types, such as land, subdivision financing, multi-family, retail, industrial, office, hospitality, mixed-use properties, and specialty financing.
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience underwriting multifamily assets with a specific focus on CMHC insured loans;
- Direct knowledge and experience with CMHC’s multi-unit insurance programs;
- A degree, designation, or certification in a finance-related field;
- Exceptional analytical skills and financial acumen;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to produce professional-quality communication material suited to its purpose and audience;
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands with tight timelines;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel;
- Understanding of local (Albertan and Canadian) economic conditions and indicators; and
- Experience various real estate information databases and performing credit bureau searches.
Employee, full-time, permanent
Ideally Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta (Remote work will be considered)
Senior Analyst, CMHC Underwriting, Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended healthcare
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly effective team with no end of challenging and transformational work in sight. The company is growing, and the mindset is expansionary. Total compensation for this role will include a base salary and variable compensation aligned with the growth of CREF’s CMHC portfolio. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.kvcapital.ca.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Please indicate “Senior Analyst, CMHC Underwriting” in the subject line.
KV Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of it’s activities or operations.
Business Relationship Manager & Mortgage Underwriter (BRM), Residential Mortgages
The successful candidate will support the growth and development of KV Capital’s Residential Mortgage division and will manage relationships with residential mortgage clients, delivering unparalleled mortgage advisory services, and leading the underwriting process.
Vice President, Finance, Mountain Sports Distribution
Reporting to the President of MSD, the Vice President of Finance will be a key member of the management team and responsible for overseeing all aspects of the finance and accounting functions in addition to supporting operational and strategic initiatives.
Junior Analyst, Underwriting, Private Mortgages
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in supporting the Underwriting Team in analyzing and assessing various types of commercial mortgage loan applications, including land acquisition, construction, inventory loans, bridge financing and term financing.